Friday, August 31, 2012

Ten Months to Go!


Hello and Happy September,
    August simply flew by and we can't believe another school year is about to begin!  We especially can't believe that we are down to our "lasts" here in Boston.  "Last summer" , "last Christmas","last Halloween", "last school year" an so on...it is a marvelous and surreal thought.
    Matt is doing well as he has always done in this residency despite it's difficulty.  He is just about finish being Chief Resident and hopefully it will give him a little more freedom with his schedule.  He has enjoyed a few Saturdays of golfing with friends in our ward, a great hobby of his, and also a couple of trips to the beach with us this summer.  He is most excited for the September hunting trip he will be taking with his Dad, brother, and cousin soon...there are no WORDS to describe their excitement :)..
     I am basking in the glow of a very happy summer and a special visit from my sister Elizabeth.  Liz came to visit me and we had a unbelievably amazing time.  Our fun included a birthday night out to the mall and Legal Seafood for her and Princess Party and cake provided by me..she said she wanted a Princess Party like Maddie's so..she got one!    A trip up to our family's lake house in Maine which was just HEAVENLY...visiting the Salem witch trial sites (the ACTUAL ones that I discovered a couple of years ago including the excavation site of the parsonage where the girls that began accusing people lived, and the home of Rebecca Nurse, a mother and one of the murdered victims of the trials) in Danvers, MA  We also enjoyed lots of junk food, chocolate :), laughs and a shopping "spree" online together our last night.  What would I do without younger sisters to help me keep "present and up-to-date" with fashion??  Only ONE of many reasons I need and love my sisters...Also Liz finally convinced me to join Pinterest.  Wow...It has changed my life.  To those of you who haven't DO IT!  it's amazing!!  Thx sis! ...
     We also had the privilege of going to the Steuer Barbeque for Matt's brother's practice and continue to make relationships there in preparation for our move to Portland in ten months. Yes!  We are moving to Maine in less than a year!
    I took some photos of the charming, Portland lighthouse from where we were.  It was super fun and included a tug of war (which our team won twice out of three times) and playing REAL laser tag.  Matt did VERY well and got lots of "hits" and "kills".  I...well uh...haha!  It was still fun!
    The children begin school this next week and ALL that the new school year will bring with it:  piano lessons (Jacob has taken to the piano amazingly well.  It seems to come naturally for him), basketball and Kindergarten for Jacob, public Preschool and gymnastics (a year long program) for Madeleine (which we are thrilled about since she seems meant for it).   Liz and Matt think she is destined for the Olympics..hey!  I'm all in for that if she wants it!
     I will begin teaching voice again, just three students this year, taking voice from a new, wonderful lady and friend in my ward,  and will also have only one child three days a week in the afternoon!  Hooray for me!  Single jogging stroller ready to go....I have also been enjoying plugging away at my Goodreads list (600 on my "to read" list so I've got my work cut out for me), and have committed to myself to work on and finish my historical fiction this year in preparation for my going to England for the last touches of research in a year or so and then hopefully publication.  I have also made a commitment to practice the piano an hour each night after the kids go to bed and it has been a joy to rediscover the talent I fostered for 18 years of my life.
   We are supremely grateful to all our dear friends and family for your love and support...

Countdown: 10 MONTHS...

1 comment:

Todd and Meagan said...

Historical fiction based in England is one of my favorite genres so if you need any outside thoughts I would love to read it! :) Just thought I would throw that out there. :)